THREE-INGREDIENT BANANA PANCAKES
- 2 small (3.5oz each after peeled) very ripe bananas
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 6 tablespoons (1oz) unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil for the skillet
1. In a medium bowl, mash bananas well with a fork. Add the eggs and the coconut and use a hand whisk to whisk everything together until as smooth as possible.
2. With your fingers, spread a thin layer of coconut oil (about 1/2 teaspoon) on the bottom of a large, 12-inch skillet. Heat over medium heat, about 4 minutes.
3. Measuring 1/4-cup per pancake, pour batter onto three spots on the skillet. Fry 3 minutes on the first side or until set and golden, then flip and fry 2 more minutes on the second side.
4. Place 1/2 more teaspoon coconut oil in the skillet, brush to coat, and repeat with 3 more pancakes. Serve immediately, with or without berries and warm maple syrup.